Call to Action
We, the participants of the RESPONSIBALL Forum on Sport and Refugees, meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 08 November 2018, and like-minded organisations and individuals, recognise the contribution and enormous potential of sport for the inclusion and integration of refugees.
- To realise this potential, we recommend:
- establishing a collaboration and coordination mechanism enabling stakeholders to share tools, experiences and create opportunities to exchange.
- leadership from sport governing bodies to develop a strategy on sport for
refugees, as a high priority
within their organisations.
- capacity building for governments, non-governmental organisations, sports organisations and clubs in implementing appropriate sport activities with refugees.
- support from governments, corporates and foundations to local organisations and clubs to integrate refugees into their activities and management structures.
- evidence from researchers and practitioners to demonstrate the impact of sport programmes focused on the integration of refugees.
In addition, we recommend the organisation of follow-up conferences on sport and refugees with a view to setting the agenda and taking stock of the progress that has been made in the last two years in achieving this Call to Action.
Sport has the potential to be a significant tool in guaranteeing that governments, the private sector, international organisations, NGOs and the public can achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda and ensure that no one is left behind.
Numbers of people signed - 127
Number of organisations signed - 80